Showcase your campus expertise in STEM disciplines!
The North Carolina Science Festival provides the perfect opportunity for colleges and universities to connect with their communities by hosting STEM programs as part of the Festival.
Private colleges and universities, community colleges and state universities have all hosted Festival events such as:
- campus-wide science expos
- STEM open houses for high school students
- guest speakers (including forums and panel discussions)
- lab tours
- demonstrations — applied technologies, virtual realities, model gardens, weather balloon launches
- special exhibits
- STEM-related film festivals
Be creative! There are as many different ways to share STEM content as there are people in your potential audience.
In addition to campus-hosted Festival events, the Festival provides opportunities for individual scientists and researchers to participate in the Festival’s IMPACTS program, which trains STEM professionals to conduct community outreach through expos, classroom visits, and symposia. Check out the IMPACTS page for more information and to apply!