The North Carolina Science Festival invites you to become part of the fun. Each year, we seek proposals from organizations interested in hosting an event. Festival events can come in an array of formats and sizes. Well-known speakers attract thousands. Small, intimate events such as nature walks may attract a half-dozen people. The Festival seeks events at both ends of that spectrum and everywhere in between.
Ultimately, North Carolina Science Festival events share several common bonds. Festival events celebrate science, technology, engineering and mathematics and their impact on our state. Festival events are fun and engaging. And Festival events demonstrate that everyone can “do science” — and enjoy it!
North Carolina Science Festival staff review all proposals within three weeks of receipt. Events that meet the selection criteria are named “Official Events.” If a proposed event does not meet the selection criteria, Festival staff will contact the event organizer to suggest modifications.
- Event should be located in North Carolina. Online events designed for a North Carolina audience may also qualify.
- Event should occur during the Festival. Events that begin prior to the Festival but culminate during the Festival may be acceptable.
- Science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics should be a significant component of the event.
- Host accepts all responsibility for the event, including organization, content, staffing, etc.
- Event should be accessible to the general public. Free events are encouraged.
- Host agrees to promote the event as a North Carolina Science Festival event.
Festival organizers may reject events that are determined to be excessively commercial. Festival organizers reserve the right to reject any event for any reason.
The North Carolina Science Festival organizers work with hosts to maximize attendance and to ensure that every event meets Festival standards. To assist hosts, the Festival:
- Promotes events on the Festival website as part of the Festival’s online calendar.
- Promotes events in the Festival’s printed program guide.
- Provides hosts with North Carolina Science Festival branding tools, such as event signage, advertising templates and the North Carolina Science Festival logo for use with print and electronic marketing efforts.
- Creates a unique URL for hosts to use to promote events within their community.
Possible events include lectures, expos, science cafes, exhibitions and performances.
Similar science festivals across the nation can provide additional inspiration for event possibilities:
Need Help with an Idea?
If you’d like to host an event but need an idea, the North Carolina Science Festival can help. The Festival team is happy to consult with members of your organization to discuss event possibilities and to connect you with like-minded STEM professionals in your region. For more information, please contact email@example.com.