Family STEAM Day
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Join the UNCP School of Education, in partnership with the Public Schools of Robeson County for an exciting STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) Day for K-8 students and their families. All activities will be hands-on and will be led by students in teacher education programs at UNCP. Snacks will be provided.
Students in UNCP teacher education programs will lead a variety of fun and engaging hands-on activities. Families will be able to choose the activities they would like to complete - some examples include:
- Building and testing a catapult
- Build and complete circuits to create a radio, a doorbell, an alarm, and other electronic items|
- Use wooden pieces to build and test a marble run
- Create and test models of simple machines
- Build and test paper flying machines
- Meet the Scientists area in which students can meet faculty members in the Science department to learn about their work.
All students and their families are welcome; our special education students have planned and will provide modifications and accommodations as needed.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the School of Education building at UNCP and snacks will be provided.