POSTPONED TO MAY 4: Sci-Farm Day
ABOUT THIS EVENT
***DUE TO STORMS, THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED TO MAY 4, 10a-3p.***
Visit Tarkil Branch Farm’s Homestead Museum for a fun-filled day of farm activities... with science!
- Take a selfie with baby goats, chickens, and ducks from the University of Mount Olive!
- Make models of farm machines at a Maker Space station.
- Make ice cream with James Sprunt Community College (free samples for the public) and milk a model cow!
- Learn from East Duplin High School about how apple cider and apple cider vinegar is made. Free apple cider samples for the public.
- Demos of turpentine distillation.
- Demos of grafting grape vines by Mill Branch Vineyards. Free grape juice samples for the public.
- Make edible soil profiles with the Duplin Agribusiness Academy.
- Talk to a beekeeper and learn the science of how honey is made (with free honey tasting).
- Sandwiches for sale from the Country Barn!